Lead Framemaker / Administrative Manager
This person’s role is administrative and organizational as they coordinates the details which make a community’s gathering smooth. From event coordination to volunteer management, financial accounting to office management, the Lead Framemaker plays an essential role in ensuring the healthy functioning of GatherX. This is a part-time position that will take approximately 10 hours/week.
- Engagement: Madison Young professionals identify GatherX as an important community they are meaningfully connected to; at least 50% of the community are people who are from “de-churched” or “un-churched” backgrounds; at least 1/3 of the community are people from marginalized backgrounds.
- Authenticity: GatherX is a community where young professionals feel comfortable bringing “all of who they are.” They feel empowered to ask questions and contribute of themselves freely.
- Hospitality: GatherX becomes known for its excellence in welcoming new people and making them feel at“home” and with “family”, so much so that people want to invite other people they know to experience the hospitality.
- Vitality: Members of the GatherX feel ownership over the community and are regularly contributing their ideas for events, projects, and more and bringing them to fruition. They are shaping the group and impacting the community with their gifts.
- Collaboration: Transformational matchmaking is occurring where young professionals are being connected with each other and members from the larger Church so that they can together learn and use their skills/talents to make a difference in the larger Madison community.
- Storytelling: Stories of spiritual encounter, hospitality, vitality, collaboration, transformation, significant impact are being told within and without the community. These stories are compelling and bear witness to God’s presence and work in the GatherX community.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in staff meetings as part of the team leading GatherX.
- Coordinate and execute all logistics of larger events such as Post-Grad Priorities, Telling Our Stories, Incubator Gatherings, etc.
- Work in partnership with other GatherX staff to develop detailed project plans, timelines, budgets, and deliverables (i.e., vendor relationships, culinary needs, scheduling speakers, reserving space, set-up/clean-up, etc.)
- Recruit, coordinate, develop and help coach a team of volunteers for various GatherX programs
- Manage and organize office space
- Manage finances including bill paying, payroll and reimbursements
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervised by Lead Instigator/Networker
Qualities, Skills and Experience
- A committed and intelligent Christian dedicated to the full inclusion of God’s people, especially those often marginalized by the traditional church
- Passion for walking alongside young adults, ages 23-30,
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force in building and maintaining a healthy team and organizational culture
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with flexible schedules
- Ability to self-initiate, self-monitor, and work effectively in a dynamic setting
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholder groups
To be determined based on applicant’s experience and/or qualifications.