This role focuses on operational responsibilities. From event coordination to volunteer management, this position plays an essential role in ensuring the healthy functioning of GatherX. They will also assist in website management, marketing, social media presence, newsletters, and reports.This is a part-time position that will take approximately 20 hours/week. Applications received by October 4th, 2019 will be guaranteed consideration.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in staff meetings as part of the team leading GatherX.
- Coordinate and execute all logistics of events such as First Thursdays, Brunch and Learn, The Gathering, Supper Club, etc. To this end, evening and weekend work is required.
- Help Lead Instigator/Director recruit, coordinate, develop and coach a team of volunteers for various GatherX programs
- Assist in creating and implementing a marketing strategy to promote awareness of GatherX across a wide audience in the Madison area
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic content including, but not limited to, newsletters, marketing materials, annual reports, and the GatherX website
- Supervised by Lead Instigator/Director
Qualities, Skills, and Experience
- A committed Christian dedicated to the full inclusion of God’s people, especially those often marginalized by the traditional church
- Passion for walking alongside young adults, ages 23-30
- Demonstrated technological and communication competencies and experience
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force in building and maintaining a healthy team and organizational culture
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to self-initiate, self-monitor, and work effectively in a dynamic setting
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholder groups
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary between $20,000 – $23,000, based on experience
- 403b retirement plan contributions
- Paid time off
- Co-working space on Capitol square available for use
- Flexible work schedule with some evening and weekend work required.
- This position is not eligible for an employer sponsored health insurance plan